- Cherokee County has the 2nd fastest growth in the Metro-Atlanta Region.
- Niche ranks Cherokee County as #6 Best Counties to Raise a Family in Georgia.
- Niche ranks Cherokee County as #3 Best Counties for Outdoor Activities in Georgia.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation ranks Cherokee County as #5 Healthiest Counties in Georgia.
- Cherokee County has the Lowest Violent and Non-Violent Crime Rate in the Metro-Atlanta Region.
- Sheriff's Office is in the Top 2% (1 of 46) in the Nation awarded the Triple Crown for Law Enforcement, Corrections, and Correctional Health.
- Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services earns Public Protection Class 2 Rating, which represents the Top 2% in the Nation of public protection rated fire departments.
- Cherokee County Marshal's Office is the only Nationally Accredited Marshal's Office in the Nation.
- Cherokee County School District SAT Scores Rank 12th in Georgia and 3rd among Metro Atlanta counties.
- Niche ranks Cherokee County School District in the Top 10% Best School Districts in Georgia.
- Cherokee Water & Sewerage Authority recognized as the best water and sewerage system in the State of Georgia.
- Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services awarded #1 EMS Agency in the Region and Georgia.
- Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services was lauded in Georgia Trend Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in Georgia.
- Awarded E911 Communications Call Center of the Year in Georgia.
- E911 Agency received national accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA) - Becoming only the 4th E911 Agency in the State of Georgia to receive national accreditation.
- Standard & Poor’s and Moody's Investment Services rates Cherokee County AA+ and Aa1.
- Certified as “Green Community” by the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC).
- Cherokee County has lowest population per square mile in the Metro-Atlanta Region with nearly 4,200 acres of protected land.
- Cherokee Recreation and Parks Agency received National Alliance for Youth Sports Excellence in Youth Sports Award.
- Sunshine Review rates Cherokee County A+ for Transparency.
- County received the 7th Annual Georgia County Excellence Award for Organizational Efficiency and Financial Management presented by Georgia Trend Magazine and the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG).
- County received Workforce Magazine 2018 Gold Optimas Award for Health Management Strategy and 2018 Silver Optimas Award for Successful Implementation of a Risk Management Program.
- Cherokee County has the Lowest tax burden per capita, and 3rd highest media household income in the Metro-Atlanta Region.
As Georgia’s seventh largest county, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional service to residents, businesses and visitors and pleased to present the Cherokee County website – a place that provides convenient and useful information about this unique community.
Thanks for visiting our site! If I can ever be of service to you or answer any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Jerry W. Cooper