- Niche ranks Cherokee County as #6 Best Counties to Raise a Family in Georgia.
- Niche ranks Cherokee County as #6 Best Counties for Outdoor Activities in Georgia.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation ranks Cherokee County as #5 Healthiest Counties in Georgia.
- Cherokee County has 2nd Lowest Crime Rate in 20-county region.
- Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services earns Public Protection Class 2 Rating.
- County Marshal's Office earns National Accreditation from Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA).
- Cherokee County School District SAT Scores Rank #9 in Georgia and 2nd among Metro Atlanta counties.
- Niche ranks Cherokee County School District in the Top 10% Best School Districts in Georgia.
- Cherokee Water & Sewerage Authority recognized as the best water and sewerage system in the State of Georgia.
- Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services awarded #1 EMS Agency in Georgia.
- Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services was lauded in Georgia Trend Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in Georgia.
- Awarded E911 Communications Call Center of the Year in Georgia.
- E911 Agency received national accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA) - Becoming only the 4th E911 Agency in the State of Georgia to receive national accreditation.
- Standard & Poor’s and Moody's Investment Services rates Cherokee County AA+ and Aa1.
- Certified as “Green Community” by the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC).
- Sheriff’s Office earns 8th National Accreditation Award from CALEA.
- Cherokee County has lowest population per square mile in the Metro-Atlanta Region with over 2,000 acres of parks and greenspace.
- Cherokee Recreation and Parks Agency received National Alliance for Youth Sports Excellence in Youth Sports Award
- Sunshine Review A+ for Transparency.
- County received the 7th Annual Georgia County Excellence Award for Organizational Efficiency and Financial Management presented by Georgia Trend Magazine and the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG).
- Cherokee County achieves the Highest overall ranking for Fiscal Responsibility in the Metro-Atlanta Region (tax burden, long term debt and number of county employees per capita).
As Georgia’s seventh largest county, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional service to residents, businesses and visitors and pleased to present the Cherokee County website – a place that provides convenient and useful information about this unique community.
Thanks for visiting our site! If I can ever be of service to you or answer any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Jerry W. Cooper