Welcome to Cherokee County!
- Cherokee County is the 7th largest in Georgia.
- Niche ranks Cherokee County as #7 Best Counties to Raise a Family in Georgia (2021).
- Niche ranks Cherokee County as #4 Best Counties for Outdoor Activities in Georgia (2021).
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation ranks Cherokee County as #3 for Health Outcomes and #6 for Health Factors in Georgia.
- Cherokee County has the Lowest Violent and Non-Violent Crime Rate in the Metro-Atlanta Region.
- Sheriff's Office is in the Top 1% (1 of 71) in the Nation awarded the Triple Crown for Law Enforcement, Corrections, and Correctional Health.
- Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services earns Public Protection Class 2 Rating, which represents the Top 2% in the Nation of public protection rated fire departments.
- Cherokee County Marshal's Office is the only Nationally Accredited Marshal's Office in the Nation.
- Cherokee County School District SAT Scores Rank 12th in Georgia and 3rd among Metro Atlanta counties.
- Niche ranks Cherokee County School District in the Top 10% Best School Districts in Georgia.
- Cherokee Water & Sewerage Authority recognized for work including the Etowah Water Treatment Plan receiving Best Operated Water Plant of the Year (2020), and Riverbend Complex receiving Water Reclamation Facility of the Year (2020).
- CCWSA’s Etowah Water Treatment Plan received a Platinum Award for complete and consistent Safe Water Drinking Act permit compliance (2020).
- Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services awarded #1 EMS Agency in the Region and Georgia (2018).
- E911 Agency received national accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA). It has been reaccredited three times and is only one of 11 911 Agencies in Georgia to receive the national accreditation.
- E911 earned the Association of Public Safety Officials Agency Training Program Certification (2013).
- Standard & Poor’s and Moody's Investment Services rates Cherokee County AA+ and Aa1, respectively.
- Certified as “Green Community” by the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) (2018). The certification is renewed every four years.
- Cherokee Recreation and Parks Agency received National Alliance for Youth Sports Excellence in Youth Sports Award (2020).
- Cherokee Recreation and Parks was named the Georgia Recreation and Parks District 5 Agency of the Year. (2016)
- County received Workforce Magazine 2018 Gold Optimas Award for Health Management Strategy and 2018 Silver Optimas Award for Successful Implementation of a Risk Management Program.
- Cherokee County has the Lowest tax burden per capita, and 3rd highest median household income in the Metro-Atlanta Region.
- Cherokee Area Transportation was awarded the Around Canton Readers’ Choice Award for Transportation in 2021.
Thanks for visiting our site! If I can ever be of service to you or answer any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.