Development And Land Disturbance Permit
DEVELOPMENT AND LAND DISTURBANCE PERMIT
Land disturbance activity is defined as any activity that may result in soil erosion from water or wind and the movement of sediments into state waters or onto lands within the state. Cherokee County regulations are developed to protect the public health, safety and welfare, minimizing the impact of soil erosion and stormwaters while protecting water quality, aquatic and wild life habitats and neighboring properties.
Cherokee County Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) regulates the following activities;
- Clearing and Grading of land of one acre or more in size (clearing and grading of land of less than one acre is regulated by an Erosion Control Permit (ECP)
- Removal / destruction of trees or other vegetation
- Excavation and filling,
- Deposition of debris (organic or other composition)
- Any disturbance of soil within 200 feet of state waters
For information on our Development Regulations, Flood Plain information and code and ordinances visit our Engineering Department.
Plan Approval process
Cherokee County's enterprise software partner, CityView has teamed with BlueBeam to offer a unique electronic plan submission tool that facilitates review, communication and approval of construction plans. To submit plans visit our CityView Portal and register your account. We do not accept paper plans.
For instructions, plan approval team contact information, and steps for submittal please download the Plan Approval Customer Guide.
- Plan Approval Customer Guide
- Digital Review User's Guide
- Office of Environmental Health - visit website
- Fire Marshal - visit website
- Cherokee County Water and Sewer Authority - visit website
- Fees (does not include Fire Marshal fees, Septic Systems or Water & Sewer)
- Commonly Missed Items for Plan Review
Please note on a second failed submittal, we will ask for you to schedule a meeting with our development team to discuss the comments that will need to be addressed prior to approval. Typically these meetings will be held Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons. We will also be requiring an annotated document showing where the comments were addressed with each submittal.
Below is a list of checklist items and required notes from each department. Please note some of these items may be required and some may be inapplicable. Please also note, that certain project types may require additional information. Final Plats and County acceptance will require additional inspections and documents from various departments to include but not limited to required bonds, maintenance agreements, etc.
- Cover Sheet Review
- Building Department Review
- Building Department Cluster Mailbox Review
- Development Inspection Review
- Fire Marshal Commercial Site Review
- Fire Marshal Commercial Building
- Planning and Zoning Amenity Review
- Planning and Zoning Bells Ferry Overlay Review
- Planning and Zoning Commercial Industrial LDP Review
- Plannind and Zoning Commercial Building Review
- Planning and Zoning Final Plat Review
- Planning and Zoning Highway 92 Village Review
- Planning and Zoning Residential LDP Review
- Stormwater Final Plat Review
- Stormwater LDP Review
- Stormwater LDP Notes
- Stormwater Minor Subdivision Review
- GASWCC Common Developement checklist
- GASWCC Stand Alone checklist
- Transportation LDP Review
- Tree Preservation and Replacement Plan
- Commercial As-Built Requirement