I Need To...
Tax Payers
Court System
Contact Us


Click through to find:

  • A helpful arrangement of frequently used Cherokee County online resources
  • Commonly requested forms and documents for a variety of departments and agencies
  • Links to other sites and services often used by our residents


Click through to find:

  • Links to every department and agency under the jurisdiction of the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners
  • Contact information for departments with the name of the department/agency head
  • Links to common agencies not under the jurisdiction of the BOC, but which maintains close ties with us


Click through to find:

  • Information about and links to both the Tax Commissioner and Tax Assessor's Office. (They are very different organizations)
  • Quick links to both the Paying your Taxes online and the Real Estate Search applications.
  • Information about Homestead Exemptions
  • Information about Property Taxes, Millage Rates, and Car Tags


Click through to find:

  • A page listing every judicial and court system in Cherokee County with a brief introduction to what they cover
  • Quick links to Jury Duty Information, Traffic Citation Payments, Court Calendars, Deeds and Records Search, Passport Information, and a lot more


Click through to find:

  • Ways to contact the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners, Department and Agency Heads, and State Agencies and Offices
  • Directions to all County Facilities
  • Quick Link to Finding Your Commissioner
× Home I Need To... Departments Tax Payers Court System Contact Us

Stormwater Management

Ben Morgan, PE, CFM
County Engineer

Back to Stormwater Management

Forms and Documents

Contact Department

Send Us An Email

Guidance On Streambank Stabilization

Many citizens inquire about stabilizing streambanks on their property in Cherokee County.  Property owners should consult the below guidance documents and streambank stabilization techniques provided by EPD.  Citizens should be aware that funding these stabilization techniques would be at their own cost and require all applicable permitting.

Per EPD, placement of rip-rap to stabilize stream banks is allowed under the following conditions.  Please note that vegetative practices for stabilization are preferred.  Please note that an erosion permit from Cherokee County is always required:

  1. Project is 100 linear feet or less of rip rap,
  2. Total amount of rip rap allowed in the buffer is 1000 square feet,
  3. Disturbance of existing buffer vegetation is minimized, and
  4. The site is stabilized at the end of each day with temporary or permanent stabilization measures until project completion.

Georgia EPD Streambank and Shoreline Stabilization Guidance

Streambank Restoration Guidelines

Minor Land Disturbing Activities EPD Document

Cherokee County, Georgia "Where Metro Meets the Mountains" | © Cherokee County Board of Commissioners