I Need To...
Tax Payers
Court System
Contact Us


Click through to find:

  • A helpful arrangement of frequently used Cherokee County online resources
  • Commonly requested forms and documents for a variety of departments and agencies
  • Links to other sites and services often used by our residents


Click through to find:

  • Links to every department and agency under the jurisdiction of the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners
  • Contact information for departments with the name of the department/agency head
  • Links to common agencies not under the jurisdiction of the BOC, but which maintains close ties with us


Click through to find:

  • Information about and links to both the Tax Commissioner and Tax Assessor's Office. (They are very different organizations)
  • Quick links to both the Paying your Taxes online and the Real Estate Search applications.
  • Information about Homestead Exemptions
  • Information about Property Taxes, Millage Rates, and Car Tags


Click through to find:

  • A page listing every judicial and court system in Cherokee County with a brief introduction to what they cover
  • Quick links to Jury Duty Information, Traffic Citation Payments, Court Calendars, Deeds and Records Search, Passport Information, and a lot more


Click through to find:

  • Ways to contact the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners, Department and Agency Heads, and State Agencies and Offices
  • Directions to all County Facilities
  • Quick Link to Finding Your Commissioner
× Home I Need To... Departments Tax Payers Court System Contact Us

Development Service Center

News and Announcements
Temporary Moratorium on LI and HI



At their November 6, 2018 Regular Meeting, Cherokee County Board of Commissioners imposed a temporary moratorium on acceptance of Light Industrial (LI) and Heavy Industrial (HI) applica

Posted: Mar-12-2018 | view story

Development Service Center Forms and Documents

Form NameDescription
Commercial IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection RequirementsCommercial Building IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection Requirements
Demolition permit Demolition permit
Homeowner AffidavitFor homeowners serving as their own contractor
IECC Building EnvelopePrescriptive Path for energy code compliance
IECC Energy Code Compliance LetterIECC Energy Code Compliance Letter required on all new construction
Inspection Schedule A quick guide to Cherokee County Building Inspections
Local Amendment to IRC (doc)Local Amendment to the International Residential Code for provisions of sprinklers in drive-under garages in lieu of gypsum separation between garage and habitable rooms above.
Manufactured Home - Permit Guide A useful guide to our permit process for mobile homes in Cherokee County
Manufactured Housing PermitPermit for pre-manufactured housing (commonly known as mobile home
Power Reconnection Inspection RequestThis form is required to reconnect the power to an existing structure when power has been disconnect by the power company.
Residential applicationApplication for new residential, additions and renovations
Retaining Walls for walls 4ft in height and tallerThis permit is required for all retaining wall over 4 feet high measured for the footing to the top of a wall. Code requires any retaining wall over 2 feet high to be designed my a registered engineer.
Service / Sub-Contractor Application / PermitThis application is for Trade contractors (Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC) NOT associated with a Building Permit. These are single trade / stand alone permits.
Sewer affidavitThis Affidavit is used to install all sewer line in the County
Sub-Contractor AffidavitAll Trade Subcontractor Affidavits and Temporary to Permanent Power Connection (New Construction Permits)
Swimming Pool Affidavit - START DATE JUNE 1ST 2018See Swimming Pool Application for all Details.
Swimming Pool Application - ResidentialSwimming Pool Application for Residential Project
Swimming Pools - Cherokee OrdinancesLocal amendment for barrier height requirements around swimming pools, spas and hot tubs.
Temporary Construction Power AffidavitLiability release for temporary power for commercial and residential permits.
Temporary Modular Building PermitFor modular sales offices and construction only.
Tenant Occupancy ChangeA permit required when a new tenant moves into a commercial space or takes over an existing business.
Tips for ConsumersResidential & General Contractor Awareness
Cherokee County, Georgia "Where Metro Meets the Mountains" | © Cherokee County Board of Commissioners