Send Us An Email
Please visit us at www.cherokeecountytax.com
The Tax Commissioner is responsible for billing and collecting property taxes, accounting, and disbursements.
Property taxes include those assessed on real estate, personal property, public utilities, timber, and ad valorem taxes on motor vehicles and mobile homes. These collections are disbursed to state, county, school, and city governing authorities. As a tag agent for the State of Georgia, the Tax Commissioner is also responsible for the collection of all taxes, and tag fees for motor vehicles applicable under the Georgia Code. The Tax Commissioner enforces all regulations mandated by the state.
The 2022 Tax Commissioner's Office closings
Saturday Closures: The Canton location is open approximately 3 Saturdays per month from 8:00AM-11:45AM.
The Saturday CLOSURES are listed below, we are open all other Saturdays.
- February 19th
- March 19th
- April 16th
- May 28th
- June 18th
- July 2nd
- August 6th
- September 3rd
- October 15th
- November 26th
- December 24th
- Holiday Closures:
- Memorial Day – Saturday, 28th and Monday, May 30
- Independence Day – Saturday, July 2 and Monday, July 4
- Labor Day – Saturday, September 3 and Monday, September 5
- Veterans Day - Friday, November 11
- Thanksgiving - Thursday-Saturday, November 24-26
- Christmas - Friday-Tuesday, December 23-27