Certified County Clerk
Send Us An Email
The mission of the County Clerk's office is to provide excellent services to the Board of Commissioners, County Departments and the general public. These services include accurate record keeping of the Board's actions and providing easy access to those records, while continually seeking ways to streamline efficiencies through ever-advancing technologies.
The County Clerk is the official custodian of records for all actions taken by the Board of Commissioners. The County Clerk is appointed by the Board of Commissioners and serves at their pleasure.
- Commission meetings: Prepares, publishes and distributes meeting Agendas, Materials and Minutes
- Georgia's Open Meetings Act Compliance
- Open Records Act Compliance
- Maintenance of County ordinances and resolutions
- Codification of County ordinances
- Contract execution - ensures all agreements approved by the Board of Commissioners are executed and distributed appropriately
- Provides requested information and documents to Board of Commissioners, elected officials, agency and department heads, the media, and the general public
- Records Management - ensures requirements of Georgia's Records Retention Schedules are followed
- Maintains Cherokee County's Boards and Authorities Lists